Windows Deployment is for OEMs and IT professionals who customize and automate the large-scale installation of Windows, such as on a factory floor or across an organization. The Windows ADK supports this work with the deployment tools that were previously released as part of the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) and the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) and include Windows Preinstallation Environment, Deployment Imaging, Servicing and Management, and Windows System Image Manager.
The Windows ADK includes:
- Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) – Helps IT professionals test for incompatible applications.
- Deployment Tools – Deployment Imaging Service and Management (DISM) command line tool along withpowershell cmdlets. Windows System Image Manager and OSDIMG.
- User State Migration Tool (USMT) – Automates the transfer of user data from an older version ofWindows.
- Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) – Assist with the management of product keys andactivation of Windows and Office within an organization.
- Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT) – Record system events and analyze performance data.
- Windows Assessment Toolkit – Produce metrics for various aspects of the system andprovide recommendations for improvements.
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) – Minimal boot operating system designed toprovide an install environment for applying images or other system customization and utilities.
Download the new Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 8