Publisher is a Microsoft desktop publishing software program used to create flyers, brochures, business cards and other marketing materials. I stumbled on Publisher in my local office supply store several years ago, and have not regretted the money invested in purchasing this program.
Microsoft Publisher comes with a feature called WordArt, which is also available in Microsoft Word. WordArt allows you to make special effects for text — it essentially turns text into a graphic. The WordArt gallery is shown below.
WordArt is often used to create headlines in flyers, brochures, etc.
Those of you who use Publisher know that Publisher will spell check your regular text, but not WordArt.
Here is a quick way to spell check your WordArt items in Publisher.
- Type the text you want to use to create a WordArt Object as regular text.
- Run spell check and make the corrections.
- Highlight the text.
- Click on the WordArt button on your toolbar. The button is shown below:
- Publisher automatically creates a WordArt tem out of the selected text.
- Complete the process by editing the style of your WordArt object to fit your requirements.