Before You Begin
- If the unit contains heated components, wait until the components have cooled off before proceeding.
- Put on your electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist or shoe strap to avoid damaging any circuitry.
- Place an ESD mat on a suitably grounded surface, and then place the unit on the mat.
- Remove any devices from the unit being serviced, such as CD-ROMs, SD Memory Card …etc.
- Power off the unit and any peripheral devices that are connected to it.
- Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and then from the unit.
- When a unit is plugged into an AC power source, voltage is always applied to the unit.
- You must, therefore disconnect the power cord from the power source before opening the unit.
- Disconnect all peripheral device cables from the unit.