If there are multiple graphics in your Word document that contain both inline images and floating shapes, now, you want to count the number of these graphics in the whole document, how could you get the number of images quickly and correctly?
Count The Number Of Inline Images With Find And Replace Feature
The Find and Replace feature in Word can help you to count the number of inline pictures only quickly and easily, please do as follows:
1. Click Home > Find > Advanced Find, see screenshot:
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, under the Find tab, type the ^g into the Find what text box, and then choose Main Document from the Find In drop down list, see screenshot:
3. And then you can see the number of the inline images in this Word document has been displayed as following screenshot shown:
Count The Number Of Both Inline Images And Floating Shapes With VBA Code
The above method can only count the number of inline images, if there are some floating shapes in the document, they will not be counted. The following VBA code can help you to count both the inline images and floating shapes, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module, see screenshot:
VBA code: Count the number of both inline images and floating shapes:
3. After pasting the code, then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out to tell you how many inline images and floating shapes in this Word document, see screenshot: