Supposing, there is a text string you use frequently that you’d like to insert it in multiple locations of that Word document. To type it again and again manually may waste much time. Are there any quick and good methods for repeating the specified text string in the document anywhere? This article, I will introduce some useful methods for solving this problem in Word.
Auto Insert Same Text In Multiple Locations With Bookmark Feature
To insert a text string you used frequently in multiple locations of a Word document, you can insert a bookmark and then create cross-reference to insert it anywhere, please do as this:
1. Select the text string that you want to insert multiple times, and then click Insert > Bookmark, see screenshot:
2. In the Bookmark dialog box, type a name for this text into the Bookmark name box, and then click Add button, see screenshot:
3. Then, go to the location where you need to insert this text string, and then click References > Cross-reference, see screenshot:
4. In the Cross-reference dialog box:
(1.) Choose Bookmark from the Reference type drop down list;
(2.) Select Bookmark text option from the Insert reference to drop down;
(3.) In the For which bookmark list box, select the bookmark name you inserted just now;
(4.) And then, click Insert to insert it.
5. You can put the cursor anywhere and click Insert button to insert the text string without close the dialog box.
Note: If the original text string is changed, you just need to select the whole document content, and then press F9 key to update all fields in the document.