If you have Adobe Acrobat installed (the full version, not Reader), then the easiest way to export you Microsoft Publisher document to a PDF File is to use the Adobe PDF menu item that was added by Acrobat when it was installed. To set this up:
1. Menu > Adobe PDF > Change Conversion Settings
2. Select: PDFMaker Settings > PDF/X-1a:2001. Click OK.
3. Go to: Menu > Page Setup
4. Select the Printer and Paper tab. Printer Name: select the Adobe PDF printer. Then set the Paper size to the appropriate size to accommodate your document, bleed, and crop marks (in this case: Letter Extra). Next, click the Properties button.
5. Select the Adobe PDF PSettings tab. Default Settings: select the PDF/X-1a:2001 option and set the paper to the appropriate size to accommodate your document including bleed and crop marks. (in this case: Letter Extra).
Special Note: It is very important that you uncheck the option: Rely on system fonts only: do not use document fonts. If you do not uncheck this your PDF will not embed your fonts.
6. To make a PDF of your document now simply to to:
Menu > Adobe PDF > Convert to Adobe PDF.